The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Spice up your weekly meal routine with this easy Vegan Chili Relleno!
Traditionally battered, stuffed and fried, this simplified spin calls for filling fresh poblano peppers with Spanish-style rice, vegan chorizo and vegan cheese. Baked in a zesty tomatillo sauce until soft and melty, it’s Mexican food done better, and at home!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Uncle Ben’s Spanish Style Rice
- Upton Seitan Chorizo
- Poblano Peppers
- Violife Vegan Shredded Cheddar
- Urban Accents Tangy Tomatillo Simmer Sauce
- Kite Hill Vegan Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the rice and vegan chorizo in a sauté pan over medium heat with just a splash of water. When the mixture is hot, add the vegan shredded cheddar and toss to combine.
- Cut a slit in the peppers and stuff with the rice, chorizo and cheese mixture. Place the peppers in an oven-safe dish and pour the tomatillo simmer sauce on and around the peppers.
- Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with the vegan sour cream on the side.