Weeknight Southwest Chickpea Burger Bar with Toppings
This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Swapping burgers for sliders and letting everyone choose their toppings is a great way to make weeknight dinner a little more exciting (and kid-friendly)! Serve with fresh seasonal fruit, like watermelon spears or sliced peaches.
Southwest Chickpea Slider Bar
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Heinen’s Southwestern Chickpea Burgers (2)
- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Heinen’s Small Wheat Dinner Rolls (4)
- Heinen’s Produce Burger Kit (lettuce, tomatoes, onion)
- Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli
- Sliced avocado
- Pickled jalapenos
- Sliced white cheddar cheese
- Tomato salsa or pico de gallo
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Divide each chickpea burger in half and shape into 2 smaller patties (you will have 4 patties in total).
- Heat a grill or grill-pan and lightly oil the grates. Grill the chickpea sliders until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Split the wheat dinner rolls and lightly toast. Top each with a chickpea slider and let everyone pick their toppings
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruit.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Southwest Chickpea Slider Bar