The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Zucchini, Tomato and Lemon Pasta is the perfect light summer dish.
With a light and flavorful sauce of olive oil, garlic and Heinen’s vegetable stock, plus a kick of red pepper flakes, it’s a light meal that packs a surprising amount of flavor!
This dish makes a delicious side at a summer cookout or main dish with grilled chicken or fish!
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Heinen’s pre-spiralized zucchini
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s vegetable stock
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Cook the angel hair pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to the package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add Heinen’s pre-spiralized zucchini and the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes are wilted.
- Add the lemon juice, Heinen’s crushed red pepper and Heinen’s vegetable stock. Cook for one minute, then add the angel hair pasta and reserved pasta water. Toss the pasta and vegetables together.
- Serve with lemon zest and fresh basil.