The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Regardless of the time of year, channel summer flavor with this simple Balsamic Bruschetta Salmon. Perfect for a busy weeknight, this healthy meal is light, delicious and great for the whole family.
Serve with an Italian salad and orzo for a full, well-balanced meal.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- For the Salmon
- 4 Copper River Sockeye Salmon fillets
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Bruschetta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Balsamic glaze, for serving
- Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add salmon skin-side-down. Cook for 6 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove salmon from skillet and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the salmon to a plate and top with bruschetta. Serve with grated parmesan, fresh basil and balsamic glaze.