The following post was made in collaboration with Lauren Schulte of @TheBiteSizePantry and Blume Honey Water. Product was provided by Blume Honey Water and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Lauren Schulte.
Blume Honey Water is a delicious and nutritious beverage that doubles as a source of sweet hydration and a mixer for refreshing summer cocktails!
For this refreshing mixed drink I used Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Whiskey and Blume’s delicious, certified organic Ginger Zest Honey Water. The slight peppery taste of the ginger in the water plays really nicely off of the bite from the whiskey. Add a bit more sweetness with Heinen’s clover honey and a squeeze of fresh lemon and you’ve got yourself some of the sweetest sweet tea on this side of the Ohio River Valley.
- 2 oz. of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Whiskey
- 6 oz. of Blume Ginger Zest Honey Water
- 1 Tbsp. of Heinen’s clover honey
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 2 Tbsp. of white sugar
- To make the lemon sugar rim, zest ½ of a lemon and mix it in with the white sugar. Spread it out on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Slice the lemon in half and run it around the rim of your glass, then dip and twist the rim of the glass in the lemon sugar.
- Add the whiskey, lemon juice and honey to your shaker or glass. Shake well, about 30 seconds. Pour over fresh ice and add the Blume water. Top with more ice if necessary.