The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Take a big bite out of this not-so-traditional turkey sandwich!
Turkey sandwiches are a summer lunch staple, and for good reason! They’re easy to assemble and usually require no cooking. They’re also extremely simple to customize with different ingredient combinations.
This recipe elevates the classic turkey sandwich to a delicious new level with the addition of refreshing ingredients commonly found in a caprese salad.
Featuring a base of Mediterra Bakehouse artisan bread, fresh slices of Two Brothers deli turkey, locally grown tomatoes and basil, mozzarella cheese and a hefty schmear of pesto, enjoying a turkey sandwich from home has never been so exciting!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 8 slices Medittera Bakehouse artisan bread
- 1 lb. Two Brothers turkey
- 1 jar Heinen’s pesto
- 1 package Heinen’s fresh mozzarella
- 2 locally grown tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Brush the olive oil on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Working in batches, toast the bread for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside. Let cool.
- Spread a spoonful of pesto on one side of each slice of bread.
- Assemble sandwiches by layering the fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato and turkey on the prepared bread.
- Serve and enjoy.