The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Made with just five ingredients (not including pantry basics like oil, salt and pepper), this chicken dish is out-of-this-world flavorful and on the table in under 30 minutes. The star of this recipe is the pasta sauce, a spicy arrabbiata from Truff’s line of black truffle-infused specialty products. It’s definitely got a kick!
This meal would be perfect for a date night at home. Serve the chicken over cooked pasta or alongside a simple green salad or cooked vegetable.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Heinen’s plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 package Gerber’s CARE certified boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 jar Truff black truffle arrabbiata pasta sauce
- Pasta, cooked
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the bread crumbs and continue to cook until golden brown, stirring often (watch them so they don’t burn). Stir in the basil and a pinch of salt to taste. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a clean skillet, heat the remaining Tbsp. of oil over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the chicken in a single layer and sear on one side for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Flip the chicken and pour in the arrabbiata pasta sauce.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with the toasted bread crumbs just before serving. Serve over the cooked pasta.