Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Total time:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 cups leftover chili, any variety
- Diced avocado, sliced green onions, shredded cheese
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes:
- In the Oven: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with foil. Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce a few time with a sharp knife. Rost for 30-45 minutes, until tender.
- In the Microwave: Scrub sweet potato and pierce a few times with a sharp knife. Place in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Add enough water to cover the bottom, then cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or 6-8 or two potatoes.
- In the Instant Pot: Place 4 sweet potatoes on a steamer tray and add enough water to cover bottom ( about 1 cup). Secure lid and use manual mode to set for 15 minutes on high pressure. When time is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes. Cooked sweet potatoes will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, so they’re perfect for meal prep.
- Split potatoes down the center lengthwise, being careful not to slice all the way through. Heat leftover chili in a saucepan until steaming ( or microwave.) Top each sweet potato with chili and toppings.