The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Lemon Dill Chicken with Asparagus is a delicious springtime dinner!
It’s a one-pan dish that’s easy enough to make on a weeknight, but feels fancy enough to make when entertaining.
Fresh spring ingredients, including dill and asparagus, shine in a light cream sauce that’s perfect with seared chicken breasts. Serve with orzo, rice or fresh bread from Heinen’s Bakery for the best well-balanced meal.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Pasturebird chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends removed
- 1 cup Heinen’s chicken stock
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s butter
- 2 Tbsps. Heinen's heavy cream
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Pat the chicken breasts dry. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and chicken to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Add the asparagus to the pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the asparagus is bright green. Remove from pan.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill to the pan. Bring to a simmer, then let the simmer reduce for 5 minutes. Add the butter and heavy cream. Stir well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer until the sauce is thickened and the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Divide the asparagus among dinner plates and top with the chicken and sauce. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.