The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Lemon Whipped Feta is a creamy, tangy and slightly sweet dip that makes a refreshing appetizer or snack.
Extremely easy to make, feta cheese is simply whipped with lemon juice and garlic and finished off with fresh lemon zest and a sprinkling of za’atar. I love serving this feta dip with crunchy vegetables, pita chips or pita bread.
You can also spread this on toast or baguette!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 - 7 oz. packages of feta cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of 1/2 seedless lemon
- Za'atar or sumac, for garnish
- Place the feta cheese, Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a mixer. Mix on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until whipped.
- Spread the whipped feta into a shallow bowl and smooth with a spatula.
- Drizzle the remaining extra virgin olive oil over the feta dip, add the zest of 1/2 of a lemon and sprinkle za’atar or sumac overtop for garnish.
- Serve with pita chips, pita bread, vegetables or crostini.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- There are a lot of great garnishes for this dip. Fresh herbs, like parsley or mint, pine nuts or crispy chickpeas are a nice additions.