- Total time:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 15 oz cans any variety of Beans, drained and rinsed
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Toppings of your choice (I used avocado, green onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese.)
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook 5-8 minutes or until very soft and translucent. Stir in garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in beans and 1/2 cup water and bring mixture to a simmer. Smash half of the beans using the back of wooden spoon or potato masher. Continue to simmer until mixture is thickened and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve with warmed tortillas and toppings.