Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This salad is beautiful, flavorful and full of detoxifying benefits!
With fresh pears, walnuts, dried cherries, onions and Gorgonzola cheese layered on a bed of Brussels sprouts, romaine lettuce and spring mix, this is a meal that makes it easy to eat healthy!
- Total time:
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ¾ cup oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Gotham Greens romaine lettuce, large chopped
- 4 cups spring mix
- 3 pears, seeded and large diced
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- For the vinaigrette, add the vinegar, mustard and honey to a medium-size bowl.
- Pour in the oil slowly while whisking until the vinaigrette becomes emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For the salad, add the Brussels sprouts, romaine and spring mix to a large bowl and mix.
- Layer pears, walnuts, dried cherries, onions and Gorgonzola cheese onto the salad and serve with vinaigrette.