The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
When it comes to making easy and rewarding meals at home, consider the slow cooker your best friend. On chilly winter nights when the sun sets before 7 pm, I always find myself in the mood for low effort comfort food. I could easily order something warm and comforting to be delivered to my house, but this Slow Cooker Italian Beef and Noodles is so easy, there’s no reason not to make it.
Featuring just a handful of ingredients, including beef chuck roast, Italian salad dressing mix and pepperoncini peppers, this dish cooks low and slow until the beef becomes tender, juicy and falls right apart.
I recommend serving this flavorful beef over plain egg noodles and garnishing with more Italian-inspired flavors, like parsley and grated parmesan cheese. It’s a simple way to satisfy your winter cravings.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified beef chuck roast
- 3 packages dry Italian salad dressing mix or 1 bottle store-bought Italian dressing
- 1 cup Heinen’s beef stock
- 16 oz. jar pepperoncini peppers or banana pepper rings
- 1 lb. egg noodles, cooked
- A bunch of parsley
- Heinen’s grated 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- Place the chuck roast into the slow cooker and add the Italian salad dressing mix.
- Add the beef stock and cover.
- Cook on high for 6 hours, or until the meat easily shreds with two forks. Cook for one additional hour once the meat is shredded.
- Add the peppers and serve in a bowl over cooked egg noodles.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- If the meat is not falling apart after 6 hours, simply cook for an additional hour, or until the meat easily shreds with a fork.
- Instead of egg noodles, this meat can be served on a bun with mozzarella or provolone cheese to create an Italian beef sandwich.
- Double this recipe for leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.