–Recipe by Melissa Knific
Spicy Chard & Ham Frittata
- 1 bunch chard (rainbow or Swiss)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ lb thick-cut Two Brothers Canadian Bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 eggs
- ¼ lb Two Brothers Colby Caliente (1 large piece), shredded
- ¾ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400° F. Separate leaves and chard stems, roughly chopping both. In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium. Add Canadian Bacon and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to brown. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and increase heat to medium-high. Add chard stems to pan; cook 5 minutes. Stir in chard leaves and cook until tender and water is absorbed, about 4 to 5 more minutes.
- While chard is cooking, whisk eggs in a bowl. Whisk in cheese, cooked bacon and salt.
- Once chard is cooked, reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp olive olive and stir to coat pan. Pour in egg mixture and cook 2 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake at 400° F for 12 to 15 minutes, until set. Rest 5 minutes, then loosen edges and bottom with a nonstick spatula. Transfer to plate and slice into wedges.