The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Minestrone is a crowd favorite – with veggies, pasta and beans, it’s a true Italian classic. In honor of the large assortment of Midwest grown produce available at Heinen’s, I decided to give this delicious soup a summertime twist!
Filled with tons of fresh summer vegetables and Heinen’s artisan organic bagged pasta, this recipe is a summer delight.
It is also a great meal prep recipe if you’re looking for a lighter lunch to enjoy throughout the week. Pair with a light salad and you’ve got a balanced meal that will satisfy your hunger and your taste buds.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked Heinen’s artisan organic bagged pasta
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot.
- Add the white onion, celery, carrots and bell pepper to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the , zucchini, squash, green beans, cannellini beans and pasta. Cover over high heat and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done.
- Serve with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.