Kid and adults agree that few things beat the classic combination of grilled cheese and tomato soup. Whether eaten separately or dunked together, an easy-to-make bowl of tomato soup, made with NatureFresh™ Farms tomatoes paired with bit-size grilled cheese squares will please your little ones and take you back to your childhood.
Tomato Soup & Baked Mini Grilled Cheese
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 NatureFresh™ Farms tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices whole what bread
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese
- Combine onion, celery, tomatoes and tomato paste in food processor or blender and blender until smooth.
- Add vegetable mixture, broth, salt and pepper to large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 min.
- Top each bowl with a sprinkle of basil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place two slices, butter-side-down, on parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with cheese and other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until browned and cheese is melted.