Whether you’re hosting a tailgate at a game or a watch party from home, this Walking Taco Bar is bound to win with your game day crew!
Featuring a simple spiced ground beef mixture served buffet-style with individual bags of Fritos and your desired taco toppings, simply lay all of the prepped ingredients on a table and let your guests build their own hand-held tacos as they please. It’s entertaining made easy!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Walking tacos
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb. Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s chili powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5 oz. can Heinen’s black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10-12 small bags Fritos, tops of bags cut off
- Shredded lettuce
- Black olives
- Mexican corn
- Sour cream
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sauté the onions until translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the spices and black beans and cook for about 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the buffet with the open Fritos bags and your desired toppings.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture to the buffet and allow guests to build their own walking tacos.