The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
This classic comfort food is getting a face lift with the addition of American-raised lamb.
Served over wide egg noodles with a creamy beef gravy, this quick and simple stroganoff will become a cold weather family favorite.
- Total time:
- Mrs. Miller’s Wide Egg Noodles
- American Ground Lamb
- Baby Bella Sliced Mushrooms
- Heinen’s Beef Gravy
- Daisy Sour Cream
- Cook the egg noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- While the egg noodles are cooking, brown the lamb in a pot over high heat. Once the lamb has browned, add the mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add the beef gravy to the pot and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream a little at a time until rich and creamy.
- Drain the egg noodles and toss with a small amount of oil. Serve the stroganoff over the egg noodles.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.