The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of our friends at The Jackfruit Company.
Perfectly crunchy, perfectly spicy and perfectly plant-based, these meatless mini tacos are perfect as appetizers or as a light and healthy plant-based meal. If you haven’t given jackfruit a try, this recipe is the perfect place to start!
- 1 package of The Jackfruit Company Smoked Pulled Jackfruit
- 10 small street taco tortillas
- 1 15 oz. can vegetarian refried black beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, quartered
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- Cilantro, freshly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine avocado, cumin and the juice of one wedge of lime. Mash and stir until slightly chunky. Salt to taste.
- On each tortilla, spread 1 spoonful of the avocado mix, refried beans and Smoked Pulled Jackfruit. Fold tortilla in half and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas become golden brown and crisp.
- Garnish with red onion and cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges and your favorite salsa or hot sauce.