The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Perfect for homemade pizza night or your next game day spread, this Buffalo Chicken Sheet Pan Pizza rivals any specialty pizza you’d find at your neighborhood pizzeria.
Plus, it’s so simple to prepare thanks to a few of shortcut items, like Papa Sal’s pizza dough and Heinen’s shredded chicken breast.
I’m using bottled sauces, including Sweet Baby Ray’s buffalo wing sauce and Bolthouse Farms chunky blue cheese dressing, but you can prepare your own sauces if you have a favorite recipe, or use your preferred brands.
Be sure to allow the pizza dough to rest at room temperature for an hour. This will make it much easier to roll into a large rectangle. If you find it shrinks back as you stretch it, allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then try again.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ lb. Heinen’s pulled white meat chicken
- ⅔ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s buffalo wing sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. Heinen’s dried parsley
- 1 lb. Papa Sal’s pizza dough, rested at room temp. for 1 hour
- Flour, for dusting and handling dough
- ½ cup Bolthouse Farms chunky blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup Heinen’s shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Heinen’s shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 500º F. Grease a 12×17-inch sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, wing sauce and dried parsley. Stir well until evenly coated. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle roughly the size of the sheet pan. Transfer the dough to the sheet pan and gently stretch to the corners.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the blue cheese dressing to cover the dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Top with the chicken, then sprinkle on the mozzarella, cheddar and Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake for 10-14 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown around the edges and the cheese begins to bubble.
- Top the pizza with green onions. Allow the pizza to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares or rectangles.