Raw or roasted, Hatch Chiles are simply delicious, but when incorporated into a mild cheddar cheese, their flavor is elevated to a new level!
Using Heinen’s limited time Hatch Chile Cheddar and BBQ sauce, I’m turning ordinary chicken into an extraordinary and easy weeknight meal!
- 3 7-9 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 strips of bacon
- 9 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 8 oz. shredded Hatch pepper cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, medium diced
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat add in the bacon and cook until very browned on both sides, about 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Add the chicken right to the hot pan over medium-high heat with rendered bacon fat and cook for 4 minutes or until browned on 1 side.
- Flip the chicken over and add 2 crisp-cooked strips of bacon to each chicken breast and then evenly pour on the BBQ sauce and then add the cheese to the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in the oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.