The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Treat yourself to a healthy meal that is full of flavor and beautiful color.
Salads are a go-to good-for-you meal that can always benefit of an added touch of protein. This refreshing bowl of leafy greens features orange, lemon and garlic-infused shrimp along with a bounty of fresh toppings like red onion, almonds, baby bell peppers and sliced avocado.
Each bite is brings new flavors and textures that are sure to have your taste buds dancing!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Heinen’s fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. Heinen's peeled cooked shrimp
- Heinen's baby spinach
- Red onion, peeled and sliced
- Sliced almonds
- Avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- Baby bell peppers, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil, orange juice, garlic, parsley and lemon to a saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce the amount of liquid by one half, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and mix until combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, add the baby spinach to a large serving bowl. Evenly sprinkle or layer on the sliced red onions, sliced almonds, sliced avocado and sliced baby bell peppers. Top with the cooked shrimp and generously spoon on some of the citrus sauce that they were cooked in.
- For an optional dressing, try Terrapin Ridge Farms lemon honey vinaigrette.