Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Packed full of fresh-cooked crab meat, mushrooms and spinach and tossed in a creamy lemon sauce, my home-cooked linguine is an indulgent and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or celebratory meal!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Meat of 2 king crab legs or 12 oz. of crab
- 1 lb. linguine noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and cook the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Deglaze with wine and cook until it is almost gone.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes thick like alfredo sauce.
- Add lemon juice and baby spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until it is wilted. Stir in the crab meat and keep warm over low heat.
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the cream crab sauce and until combined.