The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Nothing says comfort food more than a warm bowl of tomato soup. With just a handful of tasty ingredients and a blender, you can have this on the table with almost no effort!
- Total time:
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In the crock of a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Carefully transfer to an 8-cup blender and blend until super smooth.
- Season to taste with kosher salt, between 1-2 tsp.