Eggplant Parmesan Dip
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cut into halves with paper left on while roasting
- 2/3 cup marinara or pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and sliced mozzarella medallions
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus extra for garnish
- 3-4 basil leaves chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Assorted crackers, chips, or vegetable dippers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4” slices and sprinkle them with salt. Place the slices on a paper towel to drain off any excess liquid. Let sit for 10 minutes while the excess liquid is absorbed by the paper towel.
- Place the eggplant slices and garlic head on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender, turning the tray once while cooking.
- Remove the cooked eggplant from the oven and let cool. Once cool to the touch, peel off and discard the skin.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients into your food processor (or blender if you don’t have a food processor) setting aside some of the basil for garnish. Process until smooth, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and process again.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread the roasted eggplant mixture in the dish and top with mozzarella medallions and extra parmesan.
- Bake until browned, about 25 minutes. Serve warm with crostinis, chips or veggies to dip.
Recipe and Photography Courtesy of Instagram’s @TheBiteSizePantry