The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Melissa’s Produce.
Sweet potatoes are a staple fall food, but if you’re not quite ready to say “goodbye” to summer, combine the best of both seasons by stuffing a fresh, steamed sweet potato with a creamy grilled chicken salad!
- Total time:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 sweet onion, small diced
- 1 stalk celery, ends trimmed; diced small
- 2/3 cup green grapes, washed and halved
- 2 sweet potatoes, steamed or roasted until fork tender
- Prepare a hot grill if cooking outdoors, or a grill pan if cooking indoors.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Coat them with the cooking spray and place on the grill or grill pan. Cook completely to an internal temperature of 165ºF. Let them cool and then chop.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice and vinegar. Stir in chicken, onion, celery and grapes.
- Open up the cooked sweet potatoes, lengthwise, and fill with the chicken salad.