Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
There’s a lot to love about these loaded fries!
Topped with spice-rubbed Instant Pot pork and a refreshing homemade salsa, this game day-inspired appetizer is the perfect balance of fresh and hearty!
For the Pork
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 lbs. pork, cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
For the Toppings
- 1 cup tomatoes, medium diced
- ¼ cup yellow onions, peeled and medium diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and small diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, medium diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup chihuahua cheese
- 2 packs of frozen fries, heated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and red pepper flakes until combined.
- Coat the pork chunks in about ½ of the dry rub and mix until combined. Save the remaining rub for other uses.
- Add the oil to an Instant Pot heated on the sauté function and add the pork chunks. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add in the oranges, onions and garlic.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and pressure cook for 45 minutes with the seal closed.
- Release the seal and wait for all the steam to be released, about 8-10 minutes. Shred with two forks.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, pineapple, lime juice, salt and pepper until combined.
- Generously sprinkle the cheese all over the heated fries and top with the shredded pork, salsa and sliced green onions.