It definitely won’t feel like a week-night when you sit down to eat this decadent and dreamy potato casserole with lobster. All you have to do is toss it all together, pop it in the oven and pour a glass of wine. When the timer dings 20 minutes later, share these hot, creamy potatoes laced with rich lobster with someone you love.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 1/2 lbs Loaded Baked Potato Salad from the Self-Serve Salad Bar
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk
- 1/2 lb cooked lobster meat from the chilled seafood case
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus more
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato salad with the half and half and stir until loosened and creamy. Stir in the lobster.
- Microwave the butter in a small bowl until melted, about 40 seconds. Blend in the bread crumbs and Parmesan with a fork.
- Butter a 2-qt or small casserole dish and fill it with the potato mixture. Scatter the breadcrumbs over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. If the breadcrumbs are not browned, run it under the broiler for about 30 seconds to brown them up.
- Serve on heated plates with a green salad of Boston lettuce, a squeeze of lemon, a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper.
In the glass: A nicely chilled Pinot Grigio from Italy or Pinot Gris from Oregon or Washington State would go splendidly.
Click here to print this page | Recipe created by Carla Snyder
Recipe created by Carla Snyder
Carla has spent the past 30 years in the food world as a caterer, artisan baker, cooking school teacher, food writer and author of 6 cook books including the James Beard nominated Big Book of Appetizers. Her passion is sharing fresh, cooked-from-scratch weeknight meals that cut prep time and practically eliminate that nightly sinkful of dishes. Look for Carla on Facebook, Twitter (carlacooks), Pinterest and at ravenouskitchen.com where she blogs about everything from cooking for two to easy weekend entertaining for a crowd.