For the Guacamole:
- 3 peeled and seeded avocados
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- 2 small seeded and small diced tomatoes
- 1 seeded and small diced jalapeño
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Protein:
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ pounds of flank steak
- Two Brother’s seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the Garnishes:
- 2 each seeded and sliced red and green bell pepper
- ½ peeled and sliced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of cooked jasmine rice
- 1 15-ounce can each drained and heated refried beans and black beans
- 1 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 cup of sour cream
- assorted salsas
- 2 pounds of Heinen’s 4 Cheese Mexican Blend
- 16 extra-large burrito shells
1. Guacamole: Mash the avocado in a large bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients. Keep cool before serving.
2. Protein: Season the chicken and flank steak generously with the Two Brother’s Seasoning on both sides.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat and the other 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a large griddle pan over high heat.
4. Cook the chicken in the sauté pan until golden brown on each side and cooked through out, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
5. Cook the flank steak in the griddle pan until it is browned on the outside and medium-rare in the center, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
6. Dice the chicken when it is done cooking and thinly slice the flank steak against the grain once it is done cooking.
7. Garnishes: Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan on high heat and roast the peppers and onions until they become browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
8. To cook: Place a burrito shell onto a very large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat and evenly sprinkle on some cheese. Add optional proteins, roasted peppers and onions, rice or beans and cook until the cheese is melted. Fold the burrito shell over once the other side becomes lightly browned.
9. Slice the quesadilla and serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsas and black olives.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe