Shredded Kale Salad with Pecan “Cheese”
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 large bunch Lacinato kale; stems removed and leaves chopped very fine
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg nutritional yeast
- ½ Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- To toast pecans, you can use your toaster oven or toast in a 300° preheated oven. This will take a few minutes in the toaster oven or about 8–10 minutes in the oven.
- Stir occasionally, until golden brown. Watch carefully because they can burn in an instant!
- Add garlic to a mini food processor and process until minced.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse until blended. (You can also mince garlic by hand and whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl if you don’t have a mini food processor.)
- In a large bowl, add dressing to chopped kale and massage in with your clean hands for a minute or so.
- Mix in fresh blueberries and set aside.
- To make the pecan “cheese” wash and dry food processor and add toasted pecans.
- Pulse until chopped into tiny pea-size pieces (or chop by hand and mix with rest of ingredients if no food processor).
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse a few times until crumbly. Be careful not to over-process.
- Add pecan “cheese” to salad and toss until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so until kale is softened a bit.
- Serve with homemade veggie burger from Heinen’s meat department or seared salmon!
I have made this salad numerous times and it is excellent! It is now part of my menu planning, it makes enough for a couple meals and i love it with the seared salmon.
Hi Bev! I am so happy to hear you like the salad. It’s one of my favs too! 😉