Spinach and Heirloom Tomato Frittata
- Total time:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 large basil leaves
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes, various colors and types
- 2oz shredded asiago cheese
- 3oz ricotta
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2-3 strips of fully cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a pan over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add cooked spinach, asiago, and 5 of the basil leaves, chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a cast-iron skillet or baking dish, pour the mixture in. Top with tomatoes, pressing down if needed. Add the remaining chopped basil leaves. Sprinkle with clumps of ricotta.
- Cook on the stove until the bottom is set, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and place in oven; bake 15-20 minutes, or until set.
Recipe and Photography Courtesy of Ben and Miranda Gustafson