The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Summer is stone fruit season! With bountiful peaches, nectarines and plums available in Heinen’s Produce Department, this stone fruit grain salad is a delicious way to celebrate the season!
In addition to fresh summer stone fruit, this salad features quinoa, barley, arugula and a delicious homemade balsamic dressing. Top the dish with fresh basil and you’ve got a beautiful and unique salad that your guests will love.
This dish is a great side for a summer BBQ, but also makes a tasty and well-balanced main dish.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup cooked barley, cooled
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 nectarine, sliced
- 1 plum, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, barley, peaches, nectarine, plum and arugula. Top with the dressing and toss.
- Serve with fresh basil.