The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Get ready for a tasty explosion! This Asian-inspired salad is not only packed with an assortment of sweet and savory flavor, but an impressive variety of textures that will keep your taste buds guessing what the next bite will hold!
Featuring sweet and spicy-glazed pork meatballs on a bed of ramen noodles that are tossed with bok choy, cabbage and a handful of other colorful ingredients, this new spin on a nutritious salad is sure to please!
Sweet & Spicy Asian Meatballs with Ramen Noodle Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Meatballs
- 2 lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified ground pork
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
For the Sweet & Spicy Meatball Glaze
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic paste
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. spectrum sesame oil
For the Sweet Chili Dressing
- 1/4 cup Spectrum sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s sweet chili dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
For the Ramen Noodle Salad
- 2 packets ramen noodles, cooked without seasoning and cooled
- 3 cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup green onions, diced
- Crispy onions
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Work all of the meatball ingredients together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the meat mixture and roll it into balls with your hands. Line the balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400˚F for 16 minutes.
- Stir together all of the meatball glaze ingredients. Pour the glaze over the cooked meatballs and toss to coat.
- Place meatballs under broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden and sticky.
- To make the sweet chili dressing for the ramen noodle salad, whisk together the ingredients and set aside (or store in the fridge and shake before enjoying.)
- For the ramen noodle salad, add the bok choy, shredded carrots, purple cabbage, green onion and cooked ramen to a large bowl and gently toss with the sweet chili dressing.
- To serve, lay the ramen noodle salad in the bottom of a bowl or on a plate, add the meatballs and top with crispy onions and sesame seeds.