This simple Thanksgiving Turkey Salad recipe has all the flavors of the holiday served in lettuce wraps to keep it low carb.
Today I’m making this recipe with leftover turkey breast, but roasted chicken can easily be used. If you haven’t recently roasted turkey you can buy a roasted turkey in the deli and ask for a large piece rather than slices. Then, you will simply cut it into cubes.
It’s a perfect dish for Thanksgiving leftovers. Thanksgiving is great, but the sandwich the next day is when the real party begins. These lettuce wraps have all the flavor of that sandwich: turkey mayo, cranberry, pecans, green apples, rosemary, thyme, sage and parsley. You can eat this turkey salad plain, on a sandwich or on tender pieces of butter lettuce like I did here in this recipe.
My recipe calls for pomegranate seeds as a garnish. Usually, I wouldn’t use anything as a garnish that’s not in the ingredient list. However, these sweet and sour pops of juiciness add just the right crunch and flavor to the top of this salad.
Thanksgiving Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound cooked, roasted turkey breast
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Combine all ingredients (except the lettuce and pomegranate seeds) in a large bowl.
- Mix well to combine. Clean and arrange lettuce cups on to a serving platter and scoop 1/4 cup of salad into each.
- Top with pomegranate seeds to garnish. serve and enjoy.