- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4-5 oz. chicken breast
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup red beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a preheated sauté pan add olive oil, tomatoes, and garlic, cook for a few minutes then add spinach and cheese (until wilted). Mix well, remove from pan, and set aside.
- With the chicken breast lying flat on a cutting board, cut 3 horizontal slits into the breast about halfway down. Transfer to a baking sheet and fill the slits with the spinach mixture. Make sure all the slits have been filled. Cover with foil and place in a preheated 350° oven for about 15 minutes. Remove foil and add remaining mixture on top, returning to oven for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°.
- Once chicken is cooked, transfer to serving tray and serve with your favorite veggies.
Chef’s Tip: This tomato and spinach mixture also pairs really well with salmon.
Recipe courtesy of NatureFresh™ Farms.