The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Take your taste buds down to Louisiana with this 30-minute weeknight Sausage and Chicken Gumbo.
Using a premade gumbo mix and flavorful protein, this southern-inspired stew provides Mardi Gras flavor at any time of year.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Raddell's Smoked Andouille Sausage
- Gerber Chicken Stir-Fry Strips
- Heinen's Diced Tri-Color Bell Peppers
- Zatarain's Gumbo Mix
- Demi Baguette
- Heat a pot over medium heat.
- Dice the sausage. When the pot is hot, add the sausage and chicken. Brown the sausage and chicken.
- Add the peppers and cook until soft, stirring as needed.
- Add the gumbo mix and 6 cups of water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into a bowl, topped with freshly chopped scallions.
- Serve with the baguette on the side.
- Do not forget to add your favorite hot sauce!