The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
What’s more comforting than tomato soup and grilled cheese? Tomato soup and grilled cheese that comes together with almost no effort.
Made from shortcut ingredients including a premade artisan cheese blend and high quality packaged tomato basil soup, all you have to do is assemble your sandwich, give it a toast and serve it alongside the hot soup! Who knew comfort food could come together so quickly?
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s Multigrain Sourdough Bread, sliced
- Heinen’s Mac and Cheese Blend
- Heinen’s Uncured Baked Ham
- Old Brooklyn Spicy Pear Mustard
- Rao’s Tomato Basil Soup
- Heat a pan over medium heat and brush the bread with butter (mayonnaise can be substituted, if desired.)
- Place the bread in the pan, butter-side-down, and top with the cheese blend, ham and pear mustard.
- Top with the other slice of bread and cook until the bread is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Flip the sandwich and brown the other side. Serve with the hot soup.
- Don’t forget to add your favorite pickle on the side.