This post was created by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift. This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Thanks to prepared dough and a handful of easy store-bought toppings, this delicious vegetarian pizza is weeknight friendly and on the table in under 20 minutes.
Top it with a simple baby arugula salad (or serve it on the side) to add a bit of seasonal freshness.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pizza
- Papa Sal's Prepared Pizza Dough
- Heinen's Pesto
- Heinen's 6 Cheese Italian Blend
- Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers
- Fennel Bulb
- Heinen's Baby Arugula
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 500˚F. If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven prior to heating.
- Roll out the pizza dough.
- Top with the pesto, cheese, red peppers and fennel.
- Bake until the crust is lightly golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 7-8 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly dress the arugula with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
- Top the pizza with arugula, slice and serve.
Tip: If you have leftover pesto you don’t plan to use within a few days, freeze it in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, pop out the pesto cubes and store them in a freezer bag for up to 6 months. Use them to brighten up a pot of vegetable soup or pasta sauce.