Wild Ramp Pesto Crostini
For the Pesto:
- 1 tbsp. Heinen’s Olive Oil + additional 1/2-3/4 cup
- 1 bunch ramps (About 15-20 ramps)
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
For the Crostini:
- Heinen’s Honey
- Additional chopped hazelnuts and/or cheese
- Clean the ramps in cold water, removing any dirt. Chop off the roots, if still attached.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan set over medium heat. Add the ramps to the pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes (This will take some of the “bite” away, and make for a mellower flavor, overall). Remove from the heat.
- Place the ramps, hazelnuts, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Slowly stream in the olive oil, continuing to pulse, until you reach your desired consistency. Remove from the bowl, and stir in the lemon juice.
- To make the Crostini: Thinly slice baguette, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and toast in a 450ºF for 5 minutes. Spread a layer of the pesto on top. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and/or extra cheese.