The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Sweet and savory flavors combine in this delicious tuna-topped salad.
Heinen’s fresh tuna is a steak-like fish with a mild and sweet flavor, which makes it perfect on top of an Asian-inspired salad with sesame ginger or ginger mandarin dressing.
As a bonus, summer is stone fruit season, so now is the perfect time to add fresh-grilled peaches to your leafy green dishes for an extra pop of fruity flavor.
Asian Grilled Tuna Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. oil, plus 2 tsp.
- 12 oz. fresh tuna steak
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced in half
- 6 cups packed spring mix
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup baby bell peppers, sliced
- ½ cup sugar snap peas, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, sliced
- Chopped fresh mint and cilantro, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stonewall Kitchen sesame ginger dressing or Brianna’s ginger mandarin dressing
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Coat the tuna on both sides in 1 Tbsp. of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the peaches in 2 tsp. of oil and take them to the grill along with the tuna.
- Cook the tuna for 1-2 minutes per side for a rare to medium-rare internal temperature.
- While cooking the tuna, place the peaches on the grill cut-side-down and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until grill marks have formed.
- Add the spring mix to a large bowl and layer with carrots, cucumbers, radishes, peppers, snap peas, green onions, herbs and tuna. Serve alongside either dressing recommendation.