Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Blackened to perfection and served with an avocado sour cream, these tilapia taco bowls are everything you love about tacos without the mess, or the tortillas.
- Total time:
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp. Two Brothers Blackened Seasoning
- 2 fresh tilapia fillets
- 1 package of Heinen’s pre-cooked rice
- ½ cup black beans, warmed
- 1 medium vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- Corn tortilla chips
- Nacho pepper slices
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large bowl, add sour cream, avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper. Using a hand masher, completely mash the avocado to make a smooth sour cream. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and cook the ears of corn for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked. Trim the kernels off of the corn and set aside.
- On a plate, add the 3 Tbsp. of olive oil and blackened seasoning and mix with a fork until combined.
- Dredge the tilapia on each side to completely coat the fish and add to a hot sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned and cooked throughout.
- To assemble, add the rice to the bowl and evenly add the beans, tomatoes, cabbage, chips and pepper slices around the bowl. Place the tilapia in the center over the rice and add a large dollop of the avocado sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.
Note: there will be some avocado sour cream leftover.