The following recipe and photography was provided by our partners at Angelic Bakehouse.
Lunch goals are achieved with this refreshingly healthy California veggie creation!
Sandwiched between Angelic Bakehouse’s whole grain bread, crunchy cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, lettuce and fan-favorite avocado are stacked sky high to create a salad-inspired meal without the salad bowl!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Sandwich
- Angelic Bakehouse 7-grain bread
- 1/2 cup Vegan mayo
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Cucumber slices
- Romaine lettuce
- Bean sprouts
- Sweet peppers
- Shredded carrots
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, Dijon and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate small bowl, mash the avocado and mix in the oil, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mayo on one slice of bread and the avocado on the other.
- On the slice with the mayo, pile on the cucumber slices, heirloom tomatoes, spinach, sweet peppers, bean sprouts, shredded carrots and romaine lettuce.
- Add the bread with the mashed avocado to the top and enjoy.