- Total time:
The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Angkor Cambodian Food.
For those who love lemongrass, this dish is a must-make. Flavorful chicken is wonderful when paired with fresh, chilled, pickled veggies and steamed rice. Simple and delicious, it’s the perfect way to add an international touch to summer grilling!
Grilled Lemongrass Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3.5 oz. Angkor Lemongrass Paste
- 2 tsp. (3 double-leaves) of makrut lime, minced (Substitute with 1 tsp. of dried makrut lime flakes)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce or soy sauce
- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl, mix together lemongrass paste, lime leaves, oil and oyster sauce.
- Rub mixture onto chicken and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Serve with steamed rice and freshly pickled vegetables or a green salad.