The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
These tacos are simply “delicioso!” Featuring a homemade braising sauce and the help of an Instant Pot, this is a flavor-packed meal perfect for any weeknight dinner. Pair with an ice-cold Corona or Modelo and lime added goodness!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef Tacos
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4-6 all-spice berries
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- ¼ cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. dry oregano
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified chuck roast, cut into 6 large pieces
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- Diced onions and cilantro, for garnish
- Add the onions, chipotle peppers, all-spice, peppercorns, cinnamon, cumin, oregano and beef stock to a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour the oil into an Instant Pot on the sauté function and sear the beef on all sides until well browned. Cook in batches if there is not enough room in the Instant Pot.
- Pour the blended mixture into the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Cook on pressure cook for 60 minutes and close the seal the venting valve.
- When done cooking, open the valve and let it release the steam and pressure for about 10 minutes.
- Shred the beef using two forks, then stir in the lime juice and salt.
- Add the shredded beef to a corn tortilla and add on any optional garnishes.