Dinner is served in an instant tonight! Flavored with homemade chili sauce and toasted sesame oil, you will never guess that this Sesame Korean Beef came from an Instant Pot.
For the Beef
- 1 Pre Chuck Roast, room temperature and patted dry
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
For the Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili paste (see below for Whole30 compliant version)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
For the Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 bag pre-riced, cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds plus extra for garnish
- 1 green onion, sliced on a bias
- Season chuck roast on all sides with salt.
- Place chuck and water into Instant Pot. Close the top of the pot and set to ‘Sealed.’
- Press ‘Manual’ on the pressure cooker and use the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ buttons to set to 45 minutes. After it’s done, let pressure reduce naturally for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the roast only has 10 minutes left of cooking, sauté garlic and cauliflower in a large skillet with coconut oil until caramelized. Taste and season with salt. Set aside.
- When beef is done, remove from pot and shred with forks. Place back in the pot with juices.
- In the same skillet, pour contents of sauce and beef with juices. Bring to a boil and then let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the sauce is thick and reduced by half, toss with sesame seeds. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice with sliced green onions and extra sesame seeds.