Dinner is served in an instant tonight! Flavored with homemade chili sauce and toasted sesame oil, you will never guess that this Sesame Korean Beef came from an Instant Pot.
- Total time:
For the Beef
- 1 Pre Chuck Roast, room temperature and patted dry
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
For the Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili paste (see below for Whole30 compliant version)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
For the Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 bag pre-riced, cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds plus extra for garnish
- 1 green onion, sliced on a bias
- Season chuck roast on all sides with salt.
- Place chuck and water into Instant Pot. Close the top of the pot and set to ‘Sealed.’
- Press ‘Manual’ on the pressure cooker and use the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ buttons to set to 45 minutes. After it’s done, let pressure reduce naturally for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the roast only has 10 minutes left of cooking, sauté garlic and cauliflower in a large skillet with coconut oil until caramelized. Taste and season with salt. Set aside.
- When beef is done, remove from pot and shred with forks. Place back in the pot with juices.
- In the same skillet, pour contents of sauce and beef with juices. Bring to a boil and then let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the sauce is thick and reduced by half, toss with sesame seeds. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice with sliced green onions and extra sesame seeds.