The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Grilled Chicken uses a simple Mediterranean marinade to create flavorful chicken that is grilled and topped with a tangy Greek Yogurt Dill Sauce. You will love this healthy, protein-packed summer meal. Pair this with a fresh summer salad for a complete dinner.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken with Dill Greek Yogurt
- 2 packages of Gerber’s Chicken Thighs (or cut of chicken of your choice)
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional for spice)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
For the Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Trim fat from the chicken as necessary and place in a large Ziplock bag or container. In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, lemon, garlic cloves, oregano, thyme, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and massage the marinade into the meat until the meat is coated.
- Refrigerate for two hours in a sealed bag or container.
- While the chicken marinates, mix together the ingredients for the dill Greek yogurt sauce and refrigerate.
- After the chicken has marinated, allow it to sit, covered in the marinade for 15-20 minutes while the grill preheats.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill grates with oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Serve with a dollop of the dill Greek yogurt sauce and a summer salad.