The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
As like most of my recipes, this one is chock full of Heinen’s brand ingredients. Often times, we think that store brand products are synonymous with “lower” quality. That may be true sometimes, but it is far from the truth when Heinen’s is in the mix. I used their cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and Garlic & Herb cream cheese in this skillet dip and was very impressed. Next time you’re in their Dairy Department, do not pass their cream cheese without trying a flavor that tickles your fancy. They have so many options that are packed full of deliciousness! Your world will be rocked by their Honey Pecan cream cheese, but the Garlic & Herb option pairs best with the beer in this dish.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can make your own pretzel balls, but I am all about shortcuts, so I turned to Pretzilla premade pretzel bites. These are the ideal complement to this beer cheese, but would be delicious with virtually any dip. Perfectly crispy after baking in the oven, your friends and family will think they are scratch made, unless you rub shoulders with pretzel connoisseurs.
Start that oven and let’s do this!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 pack Pretzilla pretzel bites
- 1 7 oz. package Heinen’s Garlic & Herb cream cheese
- 2 cups Heinen’s mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Heinen’s cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- Chopped chives or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Whip the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth. This can be done with a hand mixer or pastry spatula. What I love most about Heinen’s cream cheese is the flavor they pack into every container. It is loaded with so much garlic and fresh herbs that no other seasoning is required.
- Slowly stir in the beer and mix well.
- Add both cheeses and continue to mix.
- Line a 12-inch skillet with the pretzel bites. I like to do two rows, the more carbs the better.
- Gently place the dip into the center of the skillet. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, cover the skillet with foil or an oven-safe lid. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the mouthwatering creation. Top with fresh parsley or minced chives.
- Serve immediately and with toothpicks for easy eating. Enjoy!