The following recipe was provided by our partners at Bristol Bay.
Fresh from the icy of waters of the Bristol Bay in Alaska, our wild-caught Sockeye Salmon is the perfect addition to your grilling season rotation.
Stacked tall with fresh, Midwest grown zucchini and tangy lemons, the flavor of these simple salmon skewers is as refreshing as the summer sun!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8-10 Skewers
For the Skewers
- 1 1/2 lbs. sockeye salmon, pin bones and skin removed, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini squash, very thinly sliced
- 1-2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes before use
For the Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill.
- Add all of the yogurt dipping sauce ingredients to a food processor or blender and whirl to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the cubed salmon and zucchini to a bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir together the oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and garlic powder until combined. Pour over the salmon and zucchini and toss to coat.
- Layer the skewers with one cube of salmon, followed by a zucchini, then a lemon slice. Repeat until the skewers are full, being careful not to overcrowd the skewer for even cooking.
- Grill the skewers until the salmon is cooked to medium in the center and the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Serve promptly with the yogurt dipping sauce on the side.