The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Keep it simple this summer with a delicious twist on traditional tuna salad!
Avocado takes the place of mayonnaise, creating a hearty and healthy spin on the creamy texture of classic tuna salad.
Balled and served over a bed of organic kale tossed with Garlic Expressions dressing and fixed to the brim with fresh summer corn, grape tomatoes and pickled red onions, a finishing drizzle of Heinen’s chipotle ranch dressing is all you need to create flavor for days!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 5 oz. cans of Chunk Light Tuna in water, drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Organic kale, finely chopped
- 1 corn cob, kernels sliced off
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Pickled red onions
- Garlic Expressions dressing
- Heinen’s chipotle ranch dressing
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado until creamy.
- Add the drained tuna, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place the kale into a serving bowl with corn, pickled red onions and tomatoes. Toss with the Garlic Expressions dressing.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the tuna mixture on the kale salad and drizzle with Heinen’s chipotle ranch dressing.
- Serve immediately.