The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Why order Mexican food when this Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole can be made at home in a flash?
Stacked high with layers of tortillas, shredded chicken, peppers and onions, salsa and melty cheese, this dish is everything you love about traditional enchiladas in one time-saving bake!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Mission White Corn Tortillas
- Heinen's Pulled White Meat Chicken
- Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- Heinen's Fajita Vegetables
- Sargento Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Coat the inside of a 9×9 baking pan with oil or pan spray.
- Pour 1⁄5th of the salsa in the bottom of the pan followed by a layer of tortillas, chicken, veggies, cheese and another 1⁄5th of the salsa. Repeat this two more times, then top with a final layer of tortillas, salsa and cheese.
- Bake until the top is brown and bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sour cream if desired.